Tuesday, March 02, 2010

My techie isn't very good. Anybody else want to volunteer?

Sigh...

I was just having a quick check at work to make sure that the work Dan and I had done on PALS at the weekend looked OK on work's versions of IE. Conclusion: it doesn't. It still looks pants. Pages from both Issues 33 and 34 look totally wrong - sometimes it seems to be due to graphics, sometimes due to links I've added. On the bright side, the tables Dan spent so long fixing DO work.

There is one bright (ish) side to this. It's ONLY Issues 33 and 34 with problems. I spy a fix... I used Publisher 2007 to write both of these newsletters, and none of the ones before them. So my next job is convert them back into the old Publisher (it may well be 1998, it could be 2003, not sure) and use that to upload them. It means going back to the old school way of adding hyperlinks to the Dreamweaver document rather than just adding them in the Publisher document, but quite frankly, it clearly doesn't work properly in the new Publisher anyway.

Just a tip: if any of you are thinking of purchasing Office 2007, DON'T. There are no decent extra features, and so far all I've found are extra problems and stupid bugs - in both Word and Publisher. A complete waste of money. And now, time! This evening will probably be spent trying to fix this - which is doubly annoying because I have a headache that using the computer probably isn't helping, but I really want to get this fixed now!

1 comment:

Anna Lawson said...

PS And how come MICROSOFT Publisher 2007 can work perfectly with Firefox but not with Internet Explorer, the MICROSOFT product? I suspect this is one of the reasons Dan was having a Bill Gates rant on Saturday...