Saturday, February 27, 2010

Issue 34 online...

Finally!

It has taken Dan and I two hours to get this up and working, and Issue 33 (mostly) fixed. I hope you enjoy it, because quite honestly I'm not sure I can be arsed anymore. It's meant to be easier than THIS.

Anyway, in case you care, Issue 34 is all about Croatia. Thanks to Tamara for the text - the only easy part of my job, writing the actual thing!

Issue 33 is as good as it's ever going to be. I wish I'd never looked at it in Internet Explorer, and I never would have known about all the problems. If you ARE using IE to look at it, there's a link to the polls at the top of the newsletter. Some appear in the correct places, some just don't. We have at least managed to remove all the odd looking text - thanks for your suggestion Andy, but removing all that text deleted the entire content from the page. Uploading the page again worked, for no obvious reason. Dan's solution to the whole scenario, which seems like a pretty good idea, is to shove a red hot poker up Bill Gate's arse for writing such rubbish software.

I'm meant to make a start on Issue 35 soon. We'll see. Dan certainly never wants to deal with PALS again.

No comments: