Thursday, December 30, 2004

Issue 3

I haven't had as many articles sent to me for Issue 3 as for Issue 2. This may be because I simply haven't really asked for anything - I wasn't entirely sure myself what I was going to add this time around. It turns out that I've written most of the articles myself, but they are (I think) quite varied. There are still a couple of contributions from other people, including the Question and Answer section, the new pals section and another penpal profile.

I think it's probably fair to say I put less effort into this issue than the previous two - mainly because I wasn't sure what to include! In many senses the issue was very similar to Issue 1. I used virtually the same template and even put some things in exactly the same place (the Q and A column, for example). I'm not sure if this is a good idea as it gives the newsletter some sort of predictiablity, making it easier to find things, or if it's just a bit dull to do it this way! If the newsletter was longer I think it would be a good idea, but as it's only 4 pages I'm not sure that it is necessary.

I think Issue 4 is likely to be another 'special', focussing on something specific. It looks as if this may become a bit of a pattern, with a special followed by an issue with a range of general articles. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if people like it or not.

No comments: