Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Avatar

Two posts in two days... this is rare. Don't worry, it won't last. You may have noticed that my Avatar (the one that appears in the left hand column) hasn't been working properly for a while - which is why it hasn't been updated since late April (well, that's a good excuse at least - actually it hasn't been updated or fixed since April because I've just not got around to doing it).

I've finally had a go at trying to fix it so it can be seen again, and had some success - hopefully you can at least now see an image where my avatar is meant to be! We think it's something to do with Yahoos! code, as the image works on the Yahoo! site but just isn't appearing on this blog using their code. Copying the code directly for the image seems to work, but is a bit annoying because it means having to change the source code every time I change the picture. Previously the image would automatically update.

Now I know this has happened in the past, but it usually fixes itself after a couple of days. It's been over a month now and it's still not working. The not-entirely-helpful user advice on their website is "wait and it'll fix itself eventually". So for now I'm going with the option that works, but means a bit more effort when I update my Avatar. Although considering how often I have updated it recently, this may not be much of a problem!

No comments: