Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Five things...

I've decided to begin a "five things" section, both on this blog and in my newsletter. The aim is to give an impression of some of the places I've visited, or the things I've been doing. I'll make these "five things" introductory articles for the special issues of PALS I write, but would love to see your "five things" choices as well!

If you have visited somewhere recently, or have five things to say about something specific that you're interested in, just let me know. I might add your lists to a PALS special if they're about somewhere I've visited and am planning on writing about anyway. Alternatively, if you have some related photos (or lots of people write "five things" about the same thing), I would happily turn them into individual articles.

To get you started, here are five things which I think sum up our recent visit to Paris! These will, eventually, make it into a future issue of PALS, but I'm hoping my "five things" lists might be a nice (slightly speedier!) way to give an impression of holidays/ visits/ trips I've been on before they make it into a newsletter issue...

Five things: Paris

1. Excellent restaurants. Incredibly friendful, helpful staff, amazing food, and cutlery/ crockery I wanted to steal everywhere we went!
2. Queues everywhere. For the Eiffel Tower, for the Louvre, for the Catacombs, for (all) the toilets...
3. Stunning views - from the Eiffel Tower, Montparnasse Tower and Sacre Coeur
4. A great, but very busy, metro system
5. World class museums, worth the crazy queues - including seeing the Mona Lisa at the Louvre and lots of Monet at the Musee d'Orsay

Photos are on their way, but may take a few days!

No comments: