Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's amazing what makes you write a newsletter

I've managed spend a good 2 or 3 hours working on Issue 19 of PALS and our website, finishing the newsletter off ready to be published in a couple of week's time, and adding some photos from our trips around North East Scotland with my parents over the last weekend.

I've been "inspired" to work and generally do useful things with the newsletter because I'm fed up with the rest of the world. I attempted to ring my bank this morning and got the usual talking robot - apparently his screen knows my name/ telephone number/ address better than I do. I'm also pretty sure I was talking to somebody in India again... Considering this bank has failed to change my name a month after I went into the bank, spoke to somebody, showed them my passport AND marriage certificate AND bank cards and statements, I think that's quite cheeky. I got quite arsy with the guy on the phone, but he wasn't going to quit saying the same thing over and over again, so eventually I hung up. Ever felt like hitting the person on the end of the phone line with the phone? I'm guessing it's not just me!

Ok, rant over! After watching Bridget Jones (the first good one) and having a much needed laugh, I decided that the best policy is just to ignore all my money/ bank/ name problems, make Dan deal with them all and do fun things - hence the completion of Issue 19 of PALS.
I have also added a few pics to the blog for you! One is of the fun I had organising all our wedding photos - I think my expression in that pic says it all really. The other is of some of the photos I've added to the Aberdeenshire section of our Photos Web Page - there are also a couple of new ones in the Scotland section. My parents came to see us last weekend so we made them drive all over Aberdeenshire, Moray and Angus, going to whisky distilleries, castles and pretty gardens. And so some of the best shots from the weekend have made it to onto our website.

PS I thought I was having a bad day before? Blogger just decided to mess up my post and save all the incorrect changes for me, meaning I've had to retype most of my post. Bloody typical.

No comments: